Sorry it seems like we have dropped off of planet earth.
Our little world has been chaotic, to say the least, these last few months.
The extreme Reader's Digest version:
* Make A Wish was awesome. Cole struggled. We had fun in between the seizures and took over 400 pictures
* Cole has been in ICU 3 times and was almost taken via air ambulance to Miami
* I can't count how many times we have changed and tweaked meds
* Normal tonic clonic count right now is around 15 to 20 daily. Mostly at night. Never thought that could be normal
*We drove to Florida and stayed inpatient for 6 days. Had to detox Cole and have some tough decisions ahead
* I don't have lupus! YAY! I do have fibromyalgia, and possibly osteo arthritis. I've tried a few things and think that maybe I found something to help with the pain
* We are taking Cole to Seattle for a week to have an in depth Mitochondrial study done
* Brian and I got to go to Hawaii for a week with my parents and siblings; something that has been planned for 6 months. By the skin of our teeth and with the help of 7 nurses, two good friends and a pack of teenage boys (our friend's sons), Cole was taken care of. Sometimes we had a ratio of 3 adults to 1 kid, but it happened and we are grateful! I have missed my Hawaii home so much
* We don't sleep. At least for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time
* Showering has become totally optional
* Our finances are more than a little strapped
* Slugger is still awesome
* If you are our friends "In Real Life" we are so sorry that we are neglecting you
* We are glad that we didn't switch jobs last month. Brian's co-workers have been awesome about our crazy schedule
* I have over 300 e-mails in my inbox
* We got "fired" from therapy because Cole has not been attending over 80% of his sessions (due to seizures, mind you). I am not sure I have the strength to pull out Tiger Mama and fight this one
* I don't watch TV any more
* I gained 7 pounds in Hawaii and it was totally worth it!
* ESY Summer school started today and I am really pumped about his IEP and the goals for the next year
* It is very hot and humid around here. Or it is pouring rain
* Cole has a new kiddie accordion and it is hilarious to watch him play it
* Had a Neuropysch eval and found that Cole is still severely delayed in a lot of areas, but has made awesome progress in others
* We are grateful for insurance
There are a lot of Grand Canyon sized gaps in there. All in all, we are tired, we are stressed, we are still married, we are still happy and trying to find the good in every day. We live minute to minute and that means things like dishes, blogging and changing our clothes don't happen on a regularly scheduled basis. Our lawn looks like a jungle, our hair is unkempt, but we are trying to do what is best for our boy. Sometimes that means just sitting back and letting go of the things that you thought were important and realizing that they really weren't that important at all. Or maybe I am just trying to make myself feel better about not vacuuming? :)
Peace and Blessings, Friends! One of these days I will jump back on the bandwagon.